Presto General Questions

Tommy's Forum: Presto Studios: Presto General Questions
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Tommy on Friday, January 30, 2004 - 11:27 am:

I appear to have the blessing of Presto Studios co-founder Michel Kripalani to put up archival sites to provide basic support for fans of legacy Presto titles. You can check them out below:

Presto Studios Archives - http://presto.tommyyune.com

Legacy of Time Archives - http://j3.tommyyune.com

Journeyman Project Trilogy - http://www.thejourneymanproject.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By KivaWolf on Thursday, April 22, 2004 - 10:06 pm:

Well to be honest I am not sure if I should be asking this here. I am a big fan of Presto Studios's great work on The Journeyman Project series from the first one to the last. I have managed to get some rare games like the Pegasus Prime for Mac, Legacy of Time DVD, The Journeyman Project (Original) for Mac, the soundtrack to Legacy of Time, & last but not least ST: Hidden Evil & Riven DVD. I consider these rare mainly because they are hard to find now. Okay to my questions:

1.) Is there ANY possible chance to be able to get my hands on a copy of Buried In Time soundtrack? As far as my research around the internet shows, no one has it. Maybe contacting Geno Andrews?

2.) This question may seem late but, why has the Presto team split? They were such a great team!!

3.) Is it true there WAS a plan on Journeyman Project 4? If so, what was it about?

Like I said, I know I shouldn't ask these things since probably no one would know but I must try! Keep up the good work Tommy! This reminds me something! One more question!

4.) Tommy? Are you the one who made that funny comic plot that is posted on the legacyoftime.com site? :-)

Kiva Wolf

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Tommy on Friday, April 23, 2004 - 09:15 pm:

Hi Kiva, I recently set up this archival site for fans as Presto Studio's web sites have gone offline.

1. Bob Stewart did create a great soundtrack for BIT (J2), but I don't recall it being formally released as in the cases of J1 and J3 - you can visit his web site at www.stewartsound.com

2. The company forecasted that its business model wasn't sustainable with the game industry's shift away from PC games which originally started the whole venture. With a lot of the best talent leaving to work for the film and television industry anyway, the founders decided to cash out while they were ahead.

3. We had put together a really solid design and working prototypes for Journeyman Project 4, which neatly tied up the story with even greater depth than J3 ...but alas, that project was put aside and the team was soon preoccupied with Myst III. (by then I had left to work on Speed Racer and Robotech) Who knows what the future can bring?

4. Uh yes, I did indeed waste some precious time sketching that piffle while I should have been busy dealing with creative direction of J3.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By KivaWolf on Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 08:56 pm:

It was very hilarious! I really enjoyed that picture! I have it as wallpaper which always lightens me up each time I have bad time. Honestly you have done a great job at keeping the memory of Presto and its products alive by keeping the site alive. I have even bookmarked it on my browser. I am still reading the info on your projects to Buster and so on. Very good stuff! I had just got some new questions for you if you don't mind answering them.

1.) Do you have any kind of contact info on Bob Stewart? I have gone to his site but it just pops up with a message saying 400 BAD SYNTAX. I tried it with four browsers already. Opera, Mozilla, IE, and Netscape.

2.) I recently contacted Geno Andrews (www.genoandrews.com) on the whereabouts on Michael Kripalani and mentioned he was on his personal journey somewhere in Thailand. Any ideas on how to contact him?

3.) I have contacted Bandai and spoke with different people and many do not even know what Pegasus Prime is. I ask this because I am looking for the version on Playstation for Japan. Its the ONLY one that is missing from my collection. Any ideas how I can get my hands on this one? Yes, I checked Ebay & Bits and Bytes & others.

4.) If you don't know, is it possible some of the other team members might know?

5.) Would you dare to make another doodle like the picture from before? Sorry but I can't resist in seeing another good joke from the JP series.

6.) Is it possible for this game to be revived by another company?

7.) I contacted a techie guy from one of the support e-mails at one point back in 2001 about the items being sold in the catalog that was along with the Buried In Time game. Is it true you guys "buried" (pun intended) a time capsule? If so, when is it to be dug up?

I think this is all I can think of for now. Thank you so much for your time to answer the questions before this one. Let me say again that you are one great person by not letting the Presto site and the JP3 site disappear into nothing. I must say you have done very well since leaving Presto Studios.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Tommy on Friday, April 30, 2004 - 09:31 pm:

1) The www.stewartsound.com web site appears to be running fine as of this moment. Check your spelling to make sure you included the "www" or you can call him at 714-973-3030 during regular business hours.

2) He's long gone on a vacation he wanted to take for a while.

3) There's been so much turnover since then, there's nobody left who knows about the handful of PlayStation units that may have trickled out in Japan.

4) Maybe some former Presto folks have golden master discs that will run on one of those blue PS prototyping stations, but I don't remember us getting shrinkwrap of this one. It was actually a subset of the Mac/Pippin versions so you're not really missing anything, though I did prototype an extended DVD version before starting work on J3.

5. I'm busy making Robotech doodles right now.

6. Adventure games have shrunk into a niche market, but if there's still a .COM billionaire out there with some money to burn ...

7. The Journeyman games lived on in the aftermarket bundled with countless other "shovelware" titles. They were so full of inside gags, I can't remember them all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By KivaWolf on Saturday, May 1, 2004 - 03:04 pm:

Hello again. My spelling is fine really. I double checked by just copy and pasting. It says something about improper format request. If it was spelling it would say the 404 error bit. Whatever that means. Oh well, thanks for the phone number though. I will make sure I will get in touch with him. Thanks again Mr. Yune!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By KivaWolf on Tuesday, May 11, 2004 - 11:13 pm:

It took me awhile to find out why Stewart's site was not working but I finally figured it out and it was right in front of my face! The cause for the 400 Bad Syntax Error is because you have a FIREWALL turned on. I did manage to surf it while I could without getting touched by the new virus that is going around so just to let others know that if you wish to visit that site, you need to turn off the Firewall you have. By the way, in the Awards catagory, two awards caught my eye which were Pegasus Prime and Buried In Time. HEY IT RHYMES!! :-)

Kiva Wolf

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Tommy on Tuesday, May 11, 2004 - 11:58 pm:

400 BAD SYNTAX is a client-side error - usually because of an improperly formatted URL. If a strict firewall or proxy server is intercepting the requests, it's almost certainly on the client-side connection, here's a link that might provide some help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By James Ferguson on Wednesday, May 19, 2004 - 11:12 am:

Mr. Yune,

I am sending you this message to bring to your attention some technical problems with this new archive site you have set up, problems that you may or may not be aware of. Firstly, the following applications available for download on this site did not work properly when I tried to run them after downloading them: the Windows patch for The Journeyman Project Turbo (http://presto.tommyyune.com/presto/journeymanturbo/JMUPDATE.EXE); the Windows 95 Legacy of Time screensaver
(http://presto.tommyyune.com/presto/journeyman3/supply/j3saver.exe); and the Windows 3.1/95 Legacy of Time calendar (http://presto.tommyyune.com/presto/journeyman3/supply/j3vuport.exe). Secondly, the movie links near the bottom of the main page of the Pegasus Prime gallery (http://presto.tommyyune.com/presto/journeymanprime/gallery.html), and the audio links near the bottom of the "Cool Stuff from Presto Studios' Titles" page, "Arthur quotes (from Buried in Time)" (http://presto.tommyyune.com/presto/coolstuff.html), are all invalid--when I try to click on any of them, Internet Explorer gives me an "HTTP 404 Not Found" error. And thirdly, the Pegasus Prime scoring point breakdown (http://presto.tommyyune.com/presto/journeymanprime/faqscoring.html) is not entirely accurate. I have the Macintosh version of the game at home, and there are two actions in the breakdown indicated that are supposed to earn the player points, but those points are not added when I do them. The first of these two actions is avoiding Ares after he walks toward you from the atmospheric energy shield reactor room in the Mars Colony (5 points), and the other action is one of the last three point-giving actions in the World Science Center (10 points each), although I haven't determined yet which one of those three actions is the point-lacking one. Every time I complete the game after doing everything that the breakdown says to do for points, my final score is only 485/500. The remaining 15 points are not being added to my score when I perform the actions that the breakdown says to do to merit them. As well as reporting those problems, I would like to know what version of QuickTime for Windows was used in testing The Journeyman Project 1.0 for the Windows PC after it was ported to that platform in around 1993. I have that version of the game at home and I have having problems with QTW. If I try to walk into a wall or other physical obstacle, the game gives me an error message saying "Unable to open Tiny.QT". I think this is because *none* of the Windows 3.1-compatible versions of QTW that I have on my computer (not all *installed* at once) have the extension "*.qt" in the "List Files of Type" space in the "Open" window of their Movie Player subprograms. I have no problem with normally viewing the .qt files on the CD in the Movie Player (to do that I just type "*.qt" in the filename space of the "Open" window of the Player to show me all files with that extension, and then select the file), but I think "*.qt" has to be listed in the "List Files of Type" space in order for the game to play back those files properly within itself. Would it be possible for you to send me that version of QTW as an e-mail attachment, and if it is possible, please do so? In case my e-mail address does not come up in the space to indicate it when you receive this message, it is "astrodude87@yahoo.ca". Any assistance you could give me for this problem would be greatly appreciated, as well as anything you could do about the site's technical problems that I mentioned above. Thank you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Tommy on Thursday, May 20, 2004 - 11:53 am:

Hi James, this website is merely a collection of snapshots of Presto Studios' website at various points before it went offline. Since this has been set up relatively recently, not all links are expected to work, but I will only be able to address them in piecemeal since my current project (Robotech) is keeping me very busy.

The Legacy of Time calendar app probably no longer works because of a Y2K-related bug. When it was constructed in 1997, the programmer confided that the calendar would probably fail not long after 2000. The developers of both apps (including the Smoothmove screensaver) have since moved onto greener pastures. I post them simply for posterity and, as stated on the web site, without warranty of any kind.

For the JMPUDATE.EXE issues, you'll need to be more specific why you could not run the updater. A ZIP file of the updater has also been posted here if you're having problems with the self-extracting executable. Journeyman Project 1.0 (MPC) was replaced by Journeyman Project 1.1, then Turbo, and all versions feature the same gameplay, with each subsequent release improving stability and performance over the prior version. If you're having trouble trying to run version 1.0, we can't help you. (You'd probably get a similar response from Microsoft or Apple if you try to run the 1.0 version of any of their operating systems)

Pegasus Prime 1.0 shipped with a couple of minor bugs, including the scoring mechanism, but luckily none were so-called "show stoppers" that would interrupt gameplay. A newer version was built to support DVD-ROM drives, but I do not know if scoring was among the bugs that were fixed. Unfortunately, this version of the game was never tested for a formal release.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By James Ferguson on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 04:56 am:

Hi, Tommy, it's me again. I am also wondering, as Kiva was, about how to get the Caldoria explosion clip egg in the intro to work, as well as the moonwalking agent one in the da Vinci zone. Is the modifier key for the MPC version of BIT the control key, or is it another key instead (if so, which one is it)? And besides which key is the modifier, how exactly do you time the pressing of the key in each of these eggs to activate them? As well, I am wondering exactly what the update for The Journeyman Project Turbo was intended, designed, and made to fix. I didn't see any bug-like differences between before and after installing the update. However, I did notice that with the update placed in the game's directory, the movie of the door closing and the seat spinning when I enter Pegasus did not play properly. I walked into the seat, was automatically turned around to face the opening in the small cockpit (or whatever it is), and then the view jumped right to me facing the interior console and displays. Also, any idea what the reason is for the graphics errors in JMP Turbo when it is played under any Windows operating system other than 3.1? The errors involve the following elements of the game: the BioTech Interface warning light; the monitor video displays in the TSA (Background, Theory, Procedure, and Historical Comparison movies) and WSC (Smart Alloys, Morphing, and Time Bending DISCOVERY movies); and the Optical Memory BioChip (Ares, Mercury, and Poseidon movies). I'm curious as to the possibility of fixing those bugs with another update. As well, could I run the Y2K-affected J3 applications if I set my computer clock to before 2000? By the way, it was their self-executable installers I was having trouble with, just to clarify things.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By MindShift on Saturday, June 19, 2004 - 07:52 pm:

Well, im glad i got a hold of presto studios before they went out of buisness(susan weyer i think her name was, she was the nurse in J3). Luckully, they sent me some teaser posters from japan with the original release 1992 date on it, "Mac users have somthing to shove into that shiny new CD rom slot". I also got some of the postcards, a few bumperstickers, and a TSA sticker. There buried somewhere around my house somewhere. I just popped in to say good job and hopefully some company will have some sense to ressurect this great game!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By KivaWolf on Monday, June 21, 2004 - 09:53 pm:

YOU ARE SO LUCKY Mindshift!!! Now to James, actually I think that "Exploding Caldoria" clip has to be seen manually because I don't think you can actually view it anyway on the game. Though the moonwalking HAS been done though. You would have to go to www.eeggs.com and look for it. Everything is catagorised so it should be a piece of cake in finding it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Crowley on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 04:31 am:

Seeing that page about the creation of the Chameleon suit got me thinking: any idea where all those props have ended up that were used in Journeyman Project and Myst 3 FMVs?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By James Ferguson on Thursday, July 22, 2004 - 05:38 pm:

Hi, Tommy, it's me again. I have a few additional questions. Firstly, has Michel tried at all recently to find a publisher for the Pegasus Prime Enhanced DVD-ROM, and if he does find one, could it possibly lead to a regrouping of Presto Studios, and maybe to the team resuming the work it put on hold for The Journeyman Project 4, and eventually releasing it? Secondly, and I don't mean to nag, but you didn't give me answers yet to the questions I asked in the message marked as being posted here on June 17 at 04:56 am. And thirdly (and I know this doesn't relate to what this forum was intended for), I noticed that the name of the actor who plays Zao in the James Bond film Die Another Day is Rick Yune. Are you related to him at all? He seems to have a little bit of a resemblance to you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Tommy on Friday, July 23, 2004 - 11:32 pm:

Last I checked, there is nothing new announce in terms of the Journeyman Project's publishing arrangements. Honestly, the likelihood of the original Presto Studios team regrouping is becoming ever more remote as many of them have moved onto remarkable new careers. Many other questions of minutiae that you don't mean to "nag" about are really moot now as there are no plans to expend the resources necessary to modify a game as old as JMP Turbo. Perhaps Rick and I are remotely related, but if so, I am unaware of it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Joey Miesner on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 09:09 am:

What happened to the Presto Studios web site (www.presto.com)? Is the version here a mirror or just a smaller version?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By KivaWolf on Wednesday, July 28, 2004 - 07:22 pm:

The accurate term is archive. The page is to held here for archiving purposes.... I believe. Live long Presto Studios..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By James Ferguson on Saturday, July 31, 2004 - 01:23 pm:

Hi, Kiva. Would you be able to tell me exactly what you did to get the BIT moonwalking egg to work, and if it works on either PC only or Mac only or both? Also, please try to remember and include as many details as you can that are involved in activating the egg, down to the key timing. Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Brad Newsom on Wednesday, August 4, 2004 - 10:31 am:

Who owns the rights to "The Journeyman Project Series"? Who do I have to talk to, to get the ability to use the whole concept by remaking the 3 games through a modification for Half-Life 2?
Tommy, if your reading this, do you have concepts for both the Chameleon Suit and the Time-Displacement Jumpsuit. Do you also have conecpts for the Pegasus machine? If you can get me this information, so me and my team can revive the Journeyman series, and possibly continue it. If you want you can email me the information instead of posting here. The email is on this post. Thanks, and I hope to talk to you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Tommy on Thursday, August 5, 2004 - 04:47 pm:

Hi Brad, Presto Studios, Inc. retains the rights to the Journeyman Project series. As far as standards and practices of the aftermarket game mod community goes, you're welcome to release your own mods as long it is NOT-FOR-PROFIT and Presto's copyright of The Journeyman Project is acknowledged. Phil and I do have most of the designs archived away somewhere, but we're exceedingly busy on new projects that are in production right now. If you're representing a publisher willing to pick up Journeyman Project where Presto last left off, that's a whole new conversation ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Brad Newsom on Thursday, August 5, 2004 - 06:16 pm:

Yeh, right now I am creating the design document, and using the original games to basically pave the way for the mappers. This will hopefully make the next generation gamers recognize the original journeyman project, and appreciate its great original atmosphere. :D

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By MindShift on Saturday, August 7, 2004 - 11:32 am:

you have got to be kidding, i was thinking of remaking it when HL2 came out too. Actually, i had caldoria mapped out for HL1. I used the radio from JP:turbo as the credit sequence. ANyway, back to the point. If you want help i would love to offer some. Of course this will have to be after the game is released. if you need my e-mail, its mindshift at gmail dot com (i did that kuz i dont need spam in my mailbox)

While were on the subject, could you possibly spill some of the planned storyline for JP4. Just in case somebody would like to expand on it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Brad Newsom on Saturday, August 7, 2004 - 12:27 pm:

Hehe. And I thought I was the only one. :D Nice to meet you MindShift. I now see a future with this mod. :D

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By KivaWolf on Friday, August 13, 2004 - 11:39 pm:

Hmm.. To think I would never meet a person who had a GMAIL account.. LOL! Well it looks like you two guys will have a lot of work to do! I only wish I could do such things but that kind of work is just outta my league. I honestly think this mod will be incredible once it has been finished. Of course most likely this project will take... what 1 or 2 years?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Brad Newsom on Saturday, August 14, 2004 - 11:26 pm:

Yes maybe 1.5 years. But the bigger the team, the better the final composition will be. Maybe you can help find us some people? We really need Modelers at the moment. As of coding? Well seriously I don't know what HL2 will be like when coding, but a basic knoweledge of C++ will do. If you can help find a advanced coder, then great, that will help the game progress alot.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Tass[AJ] on Tuesday, August 31, 2004 - 04:55 am:

Woah, this place is amazing! I am myself a semi-hardcore fan of the series, I love it to bits! I would love to get a hold of some of that stuff, MindShift, you are truly lucky! That's amazing. I own very little physical media, though. Being without a credit card and suffering people's reluctantness to send to Australia is a downfall. I did, at one stage several years ago have a Jmanlogo badge, and I have since lost it, to which I coulc kick myself on a regular basis now I realise what a fan of I am of this classic. Ay and Brad, I saw your Mod topics earlier tonight, I'll be watching for that too!

I guess I'll ask a question; Where would it be possible to obtain a copy of the 'orchestra' song remix that appears in the Pegasus Prime videos? I don't have Pegasus Prime myself, the most desired out of the series as far as I'm concerned.
*ahem*, excuse me, I'm pretty excited about all of the Journeyman stuff I've found tonight. What of the Pegasus Prime soundtrack, then?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Tass[AJ] on Tuesday, August 31, 2004 - 05:12 am:

Oh man... I'd so be a part of this project if I could model/had a good computer...
I once tried remaking Mars Colony in Quake 2, once. I lost most of it, but the Mars Maze is still in-tact. Never released it, either. I'd concentrate on Doom3 too, but I'm the grand master of the 9-fps timedemo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By KivaWolf on Saturday, September 4, 2004 - 12:43 pm:

Hi Tass. Unfortunately there never was a Pegasus Prime soundtrack. At least I don't believe there was. You could get some of the soundtracks if you buy the original Journeyman Project for Macintosh which can be played on a CD Player. The label side of the CD shows a big JP Logo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Tass[AJ] on Saturday, September 4, 2004 - 05:23 pm:

Damn. I doubt I'll see one of those any time soon, but thanks anyway; I'll keep it in mind if ever I do come across it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Andreas on Saturday, September 11, 2004 - 07:09 am:

Buried in Time Soundtrack

If anyone ever finds it, please drop me a line!
This is what I know about it:

In July 2000 I was at MacWorld New York and managed to talk to
Dave Flanagan of Presto. I asked him about the soundtrack,
because I always like it.
He said that it was too bad that they didn't have enough interest
to ever release it on CD, so it was shelved.
I asked whether there's any way of getting to it and he offered to
have a look and burn me a copy if he can find it. But he said
that it doesn't look too good because they archived all the stuff
from Buried in Time on some Magneto Optical disks and with
their recent financial problems and movings things just got
shoved around a lot. In a nutshell he fears those archive disks
are lost.
He gave me his card and I followed up on this a few weeks later.
He said he had looked briefly but couldn't find the disks but
would promise to look again. A few days later he sent me an
email that he can't find the disks. They might still be
somewhere, but he doesn't know where.

Basically that's the sad story. The soundtrack CD only ever
existed on a few master copies which got archived - and lost.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By KivaWolf on Saturday, September 11, 2004 - 08:25 am:

Hello! To be honest, I have talked with Mr. Tommy Yune about it and I talked about it with Geno Andrews and mentioned that Bob Stewart is the one to talk to. If anyone has whereabouts on the soundtracks it would be him. Sadly enough to say is that the only way to contact him is either by phone or snail mail. Unfortunately I don't want to engage in a long talk on phone because it is long distance and mail would take too long. If anyone lives in the 714 area code, help would be nice. :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Tass[AJ] on Saturday, September 11, 2004 - 04:33 pm:

EXACTLY my situation. Amazing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Tom_Cramer on Tuesday, September 14, 2004 - 10:19 pm:

Wow, stumbled across these boards and the Presto site archive by accident, due to the archive site showing "Jorneyman Project 4", something I Googled just because after getting another person interested in the series.

Anyhow, just wanted to say thanks for the games that do exist. Pegasus Prime is in my collection, and one day I'll get around to beating it. The other 3 games I beat a while back, after a fellow adventure gamer getting me hooked on them. I still remember going to my first E3 in 2000, and meeting up with one of the Presto employees to get a pretty cool demo of Myst III. I did question her about the possibilities of JP4 at that point, and she was hopeful since the script existed, and at the time a perfectly good new engine that the game would be the next project.

My other contact with Presto Studios came when I inquired about getting the JP3 Soundtrack. I cou;dn't find it in stores anywhere (online), and an e-mail to Presto resulted in a delivery a few days later of not only the soundtrack, but some JP2 and JP3 stickers and patches. The TSA symbol is still on my car, and I'm still trying to get TSA-05 as a license plate. I like the obscure reference, since most people in traffic wouldn;t get it, but those that do would really enjoy it.

In closing, the comments here seem to indicate JP4 could be possible if a publisher showed interest in it. What about someone like The Adventure Company (http://www.adventurecompanygames.com/) that seems to be getting by these days? While the adventure gaming market is small, it still exists, and it has some really great fans. I could see someone at that company holding the JP series in high regard, and possibly jumping at the chance to make a new one. Just a thought anyhow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Brad Newsom on Wednesday, September 15, 2004 - 08:21 pm:

Yeh, Adventure Company is going to publish my game "5 Days a Stranger" in January next year. Best company to do publishing with. :D Although I'm not old enough to go representing JP4 to Adventure Company, and as what Ive seen, Tommy is probably too busy to go consider it. Maybe you can do Tom. Tommy may get you the info and you can be the represenative.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Tom_Cramer on Wednesday, September 15, 2004 - 09:07 pm:

I'd be more then willing to assist in getting discussions started if that would be ok. While I have never directly done much in a gaming company. I do have a lot of contacts, and also know how things work for the most part. I also am currently employeed on a rather odd shift that leaves me free all day Tuesday-Friday.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Tass[AJ] on Friday, September 17, 2004 - 07:16 pm:

What the? How did you magae such a return from just an email? That's amazing. I would love to get some of that stuff, I remember years ago I was given a TSA badge, I'm now pissed beyond belief that I appear to have lost it. 'Twas a wicked-sick badge.
By Presto, you mean, a number of years ago I take it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Tass[AJ] on Friday, September 17, 2004 - 10:29 pm:

Five days a stranger? Serious?
I was sent a copy of that on MSN recently, I haven't got around to playing it yet though.

5 DAYS A STRANGER (version 1.3)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Joey Miesner on Saturday, September 18, 2004 - 10:49 am:

I was looking at the merchandise catalog on the JMP Turbo CD, and I was wondering... do you still have any mugs or BIT shirts?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Brad Newsom on Sunday, September 19, 2004 - 08:36 pm:

Only place I can think about getting Mugs and such is on ebay. Darn, why can't the Journeyman Projects series come back from the dead.

BTW, yes I am the project leader of the "5 Days a Stranger" game. Its not the original but its the remake. ;)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Ryan on Tuesday, September 21, 2004 - 12:27 pm:

Does anyone agree that Ubisoft would be a good candidate for reviving Journeyman 4? They're about to release the latest Myst title, and, from what I've read and previewed, it looks incredible. Adventure Company seems to focus on putting out large numbers of product while neglecting high-quality, immersive story and gameplay. None of their games (and I have played a few) possess the "instant-classic" quality of the Journeyman and Myst series. They're all kind of dry and inhospitable. But I could be wrong since I haven't played any of their most recent titles. If they would intensely focus on Journeyman 4 alone and remain true to the look and feel (and heart) of the originals, I might reconsider them as qualified. But, at the moment, Ubisoft is all that comes to mind. And even then, Ubi would have their work cut out for them... Is the Journeyman Project series not a daunting legacy to live up to?! Some of the best games ever produced!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Tuesday, September 21, 2004 - 01:10 pm:

I heard a rumor that Journeyman Project 4 would be a
first person shooter game. That's odd.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Tass[AJ] on Tuesday, September 21, 2004 - 04:28 pm:

Ha. I even doubt that it would be rendered in real 3D, let alone be a shooter. You mean 'would have been', aye?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Joey Miesner on Thursday, September 23, 2004 - 01:06 pm:

I was thinking about writing a JMP/Pegasus Prime book
(nonprofit), but then I realized that I didn't have Pegasus
Prime to base anything orff of! (I got to chapter two.)
Heh! Just goes to show how much foresight I have...
that would be cool if there WAS a Journeyman book,
though... maybe I'll finish it when I get Pegasus Prime.
That would be fun.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Tass[AJ] on Thursday, September 23, 2004 - 11:24 pm:

Sounds cool, Joey. Can you send me what you have so far? I'd like see your angle on it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Joey Miesner on Friday, September 24, 2004 - 12:44 pm:

Yeah, sure. I don't have much progress, though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Brad Newsom on Friday, September 24, 2004 - 01:47 pm:

I did represent the Journeyman Project 4 to UbiSoft, and they was interested. Though I don't think Tommy wanted to do it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Thunderforge on Saturday, September 25, 2004 - 05:11 am:

So what does this mean? That UbiSoft has enough interest
to consider creating The Journeyman Project 4? Or does it
mean that it's an interesting idea, but there's a good chance
it'll never get beyond that?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Joey Miesner on Saturday, September 25, 2004 - 11:18 am:

Okay, to see my book's progress, go to the Journeyman Book Forum on this site, with all of the other JMP forums.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Tommy on Sunday, September 26, 2004 - 02:00 am:

The book, movie and Half-Life game mod discussions were moved to a fan project folder for organizational neatness.

FYI: Presto Studios must be represented in any new proposal of The Journeyman Project as they retain the rights to future releases.

I never said I didn't want to do it, I'm just very busy in production of the new Robotech sequel.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Brad Newsom on Thursday, September 30, 2004 - 07:28 pm:

Oh yeh, I forgot that you were the man of Robotech. Right on :D. I guess only time will tell if we will ever see the new Jman Franchise. ;)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Matt Cox on Sunday, October 17, 2004 - 09:17 pm:

Hey Tommy!

I'm a big fan of the JMP series, Pegasus Prime especially.. I was one of those kooks who was waiting for it ever since I saw the trailer for "Journeyman Project: Director's Cut" on the BIT CD.

Thanks so much for setting up the archive here, it's good to see there are others out there like me.

Anyway, I did have a question.. do you know if anybody from Presto has ever talked with any other adventure game companies like The Adventure Company, or the newly-formed Telltale Games (created by the team that was developing Sam & Max 2 for Lucasarts before it got cancelled) about developing any future JMP games?

I was heartbroken when Presto folded, like several others here, and would hate to see JMP4 shelved permanently.

Again, thanks for the archive!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By ballsandy on Friday, October 29, 2004 - 06:00 pm:

preto was gonna release a fourth journeyman game?
I thought that those were roumers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Tass[AJ] on Friday, October 29, 2004 - 11:21 pm:

http://presto.tommyyune.com/presto/titles.html
I would really enjoy the storyline if it was written as a novel, especially if written by Eric Dallaire, as was mentioned.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Matt Cox on Sunday, October 31, 2004 - 06:22 am:

I thought it might be interesting to find out who (other than Tommy of course) has the most complete Presto Studios collection.

Here's what I have:
JMP Turbo! (Mac and Windows)
Pegasus Prime
Buried in Time (Mac and Windows versions)
Legacy of Time CD edition
Legacy of Time DVD edition
Legacy of Time Soundtrack
JMP Trilogy (After original Windows JMP Turbo and BIT discs became damaged)
Star Trek: Hidden Evil
Myst III: Exile

So basically all I'm missing is F13, Whacked, and Gundam 0079, as well as various and sundry JMP merchandise.

Does anybody have anything more?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Tass[AJ[ on Sunday, October 31, 2004 - 01:07 pm:

http://www.tommyyune.com/forum/messages/13/36.html
More games than I.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Tass[AJ] on Sunday, November 21, 2004 - 01:29 am:

I'd like to ask;
Hey Tommy, do you know what happened to the costumes used in Buried and Legacy? I expect they're showcased somewhere, I wouldn't mind seeing them again.

How was the Jumpsuit like to wear? Was it manuverable at all, or heavy? What was it made out of?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Tommy on Monday, November 22, 2004 - 04:39 am:

This previous post should help answer your question. Here's also some background on the construction of the jumpsuits.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By KivaWolf on Monday, November 22, 2004 - 07:55 pm:

Also if you want more details on the BiT suit, you would have to go here to get this book. Its pretty cheap but it does cover a lot of details on the making of the game. LOL! I also just remembered that there is a picture included showing some of the staff taking a break by playing remote controlled toy cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Kickaha on Thursday, November 25, 2004 - 10:51 am:

I've only recently discovered this site and just wanted to say how
much I appreciated it. "Legacy of Time" is still my favourite
game despite being 6-7 years old now. I'm glad someone has
put up the old Presto material on the web.

With permission from Presto I did my own small fanpage (see
http://www.alofmethbin.com/adventure/jp3.html) which I've
modified to link to the archive site.

Thanks Tommy!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Tass[AJ] on Thursday, November 25, 2004 - 02:31 pm:

Aha! I saw your page a while back, Kickaha. Thanks for the AIFF downloads, I couldn't get them elsewhere at the time!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Tass[AJ] on Thursday, November 25, 2004 - 02:32 pm:

MP3, rather.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Kickaha on Friday, November 26, 2004 - 10:27 am:

You're welcome Tass - glad to come across other fans of Presto
and their work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By KivaWolf on Friday, November 26, 2004 - 02:39 pm:

Wow! I never thought I would see that site again! I saw your site sometime back but I lost the link and I never could return to it. Good to see your site again! Looks great!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Kickaha on Saturday, November 27, 2004 - 12:59 pm:

Hello KivaWolf. My fanpage is a small tribute to what Presto
achieved - it's great to see the real Presto site pages that
Tommy has put up.

I'll dearly love to know more about what JP4 would have been
like (partly with my hat as a contributor to one of the Adventure
websites on.)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By anonymous on Tuesday, December 21, 2004 - 05:20 pm:

Is Presto Studios comming back? Check this out, there website is under construction. http://www.dmulk.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Navid Dezashibi on Tuesday, January 11, 2005 - 02:46 am:

Hi mates
can someone tell me how can i contact to MR/Ms.Almassizadeh? or Mr.Kripalani?

thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By KivaWolf on Saturday, January 22, 2005 - 05:44 pm:

Mr. Kripalani is on vacation (or something like that) somewhere in Asia. So it may be hard to get in contact with him. I don't know about Almassizadeh though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Navid on Monday, January 31, 2005 - 06:26 pm:

Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By dmulk on Tuesday, February 8, 2005 - 10:20 am:

If anyone wants to contact Michel, just email me and I will forward the messages.

I was the IT Manager during the last 6-8 months of Presto.

Thanks,
-Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By basti on Sunday, February 13, 2005 - 03:06 am:

Hello!

At first, let me introduce myself. My Name ist Sebastian Gruenwald or short "Basti". I'm member of www.adventure-treff.de, one of Germany's largest adventure websites. We have a large range of downloads, interviews, reviews, special features, huge community and daily updated news.

I just found out, that the Presto Websites are online again as archive when searching on information to Journeyman 3.

I have to admit, that i don't know that much about Presto - probably because their (great!) Journeyman-Series wasn't that popular in Germany. Which is really sad, by the way (it's damn hard to get a copy of Legacy of Time here)...

I would be interessted if there is any chance to get some member of the Presto staff for a small interview for our page. I would just send some questions via email, if possible. Would be great for our visitors to hear something from Presto again on a german website.

Any chance?

Thanks a lot and Greetings from Bavaria, Germany!

Basti
http://www.adventure-treff.de

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By bnewsom on Tuesday, March 1, 2005 - 06:52 am:

To Tommy Yune. I was wondering if we would be able to use the name "The Journeyman Project", in our non-commercial remake of the series.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Phil on Thursday, March 17, 2005 - 10:36 am:

It's awesome that you have a presto archive. I first played The Journeyman Project Turbo way back in maybe 1996 when the game came with my uncle's packard bell. I've loved it ever since. I'm not sure when I bought Buried in Time but it had to be quite a few years after it was released. It's interesting that I have not finished Legacy of Time. I have it sitting around. I want to find the DVD version though, not use the cd's. Someone outbid me for it on Ebay like at the last second. I wasn't home to see it. I must not sound like a journeyman fan for not finishing the game though on cd, lol. however if u could know my inner soul, you'd see I feel the whole trilogy is the best game that has ever been created. I remember I used to have wishes that the game was ported to some 3D gaming machine so it could be like reality.

What I've been desiring to play is either Pegasus Prime or Director's Cut (I know that they're the same). I'd rather go for Director's Cut b/c I can easily get a playstation. But this game can't be found anywhere. It's as if there is no recorded history of it. It's just nowhere to be found and its a bit sad that Sanctuary Woods turned into an educational software company. I have been able to find the Mac version of Pegasus Prime on ebay yet I don't have a Mac so I didn't buy it. Maybe in the future I can get a Mac (the price is what prevents me). I really want to play this game, ya know.

For Jman 4, you say 'who knows what the future will bring'. Does that mean there's even 1 percent possibility it could be created? I thought after a company says goodbye, thats it and nothing can be done anymore.

Also it'd be awesome if u could host videos of the team. I loved watching those videos on the old journeyman cd even though it was such low quality. "We're Goin To Mac World!" Awesome!. Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Joey M on Thursday, March 17, 2005 - 01:04 pm:

Yeah, tell me about it. It was so hard to find Pegasus Prime for Mac. BTW, the only Director's Cut made for PlayStation was in Japanese so even if you know Japanese you'd have to get a PAL PlayStation and a PAL TV, because the ones in the US are NTSC. If I'm wrong someone please correct me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By arcoll on Thursday, March 17, 2005 - 05:51 pm:

Actually, T.V.'s in Japan are NTSC as well. PAL is used mainly in western european countries, except for France, which uses SECAM...you get my drift.

Good luck searching for the playstation version. I already own PP for mac, so there's no point for me. My advice: just get your hands on Pegasus Prime any way you can! It's awesome!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Tass[AJ] on Thursday, March 17, 2005 - 10:20 pm:

I have a PAL PS2 and multiple PAL TVs, but that's probably something to do with living in Australia >_>

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Mick on Sunday, March 20, 2005 - 01:54 pm:

This is absolutely wonderful.

I just brought all my JMP games out of storage for a little
nostalgia and did a search. When presto.com went down, I
thought I was the only fan left!

This is inspiring me to get a bunch of money together and fund
J4!!! ;)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By KivaWolf on Thursday, March 24, 2005 - 11:39 pm:

I would love to add the Director's Cut to my collection but that is just me. I already E-Mailed some guy that has some list of games including the PS game. He said that the list is old and he doesn't have it. Figures... In any case there goes the old saying, "Great rewards comes to those with patience." I just need the BiT soundtrack and the PS Director's Cut.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Jamey Scott on Saturday, March 26, 2005 - 10:09 pm:

This meassage board is really fun to see. I worked on about 8 of
Presto's games between 1995 and 2001, including JP3, Myst3,
and Whacked. That was a really great time in my life and a lot of
the Presto team remain good friends of mine to this day. It was a
great honor to be involved with such an amazingly talented
group of people. Many of the Presto team have moved on to do
really great things in the game industry and beyond.
Unfortunately, I don't think there's any chance of getting the
team back together in any real capacity at this point; though I'm
sure we'd all have a blast if we could just stop our lives and do it
again.

Thanks for all of the enthusiasm toward are work and of course
thanks to Tommy for keeping the spirit alive!

Cheers,
Jamey Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Ryan Paquet on Thursday, April 7, 2005 - 07:41 pm:

I have made a homemade soundtrack to BURIED IN TIME - by pieceing together the aiff files stored on the seprate 3 discs. It turned out half decent.

A couple years ago I actually spoke with Bob Stewart over the phone about the BIT soundtrack. He did not have a copy for himself. He asked why I wanted it, thought I was a collector - I just told him that I was a fan of great music. He seemed quite surprised but did mention that Presto would be the only ones who had the soundtrack - and if they are backed up on Magnetic Tapes somewhere maybe we'll get them someday but I doubt it. The best thing I have right now is the homemade album.

I'm willing to post the tracks online somewhere - or trade copies. I don't have the Legacy of Time OST - and I can't seem to find it anywhere. So if anyone's interested in the BIT OST I have just email me. Now that I've read this message board I'm tempted to go back and re-work the soundtrack I did to try and improve it's sound quality as much as possible.

If you need to reach me I'm avaialble at:

Ryan Paquet

rjpaquet@uwaterloo.ca
http://www.paquet.tk

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Tass-AJ on Saturday, April 9, 2005 - 02:25 pm:

That Bob Stewart has an obsession with talking on the phone. I emailed him once with a few questions, all I got back was 'I would love to chat, but please ring me'. Um, no.

As for the BIT music, I'd like to get a hold of the Main Theme or Journeyman Theme from BIT, I've collected some regular JMP music and a few remixes you might be interested in, Ryan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By thomas on Tuesday, April 12, 2005 - 10:47 am:

Where might I find props from Exile. or did they sell everything off?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Nayus Dante on Tuesday, April 12, 2005 - 05:18 pm:

I think the only props there were would have been the fire bead and the books. I think Rand Miller keeps the robes and stuff for the next games. I saw someone had an article on their web site on how they got to go to Presto after Exile was released and it showed pretty much everything. My guess is that the Miller brothers keep all the Myst props.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By PunkFriday on Thursday, April 14, 2005 - 03:36 pm:

oh, man i love these games! i just dug up my trilogy. uh oh, it does not run on win2k ! any hints or win95 emulators?

what happened to jp4? i would like any info and screens on it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Nayus Dante on Thursday, April 14, 2005 - 05:56 pm:

Journeyman (the FIRST pc release)- Good luck. Buy Turbo on eBay or use a win3.1 comp. I even had trouble on win3.1 back in the early 90s when I got this game.

Turbo - Runs fine normally. Shouldnt need to install Video for Windows. Theres a patch in the old Presto site. I HIGHLY suggest copying all the cd files to a directory and modifying the config file in (i think) /windows. Game runs a LOT faster that way.

Buried in Time - Should run fine, but I reccommend the patch from the Presto archive. It also installs a registry key that when edited, can allow for copying all 3 disks to the harddrive.

Legacy of Time - Start>Run> dxdiag. Go to the audio tab. Set accelleration to the lowest. Enjoy non-popping audio. (or just run on a win95 comp. 98 and above is where it screws up.)

Shouldnt be any problems, except maybe some text sizes. LoT is funny about that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Tass-AJ on Friday, April 15, 2005 - 02:16 am:

! A DIY audio fix for LoT! Brilliant, thanks!
(Although, it ran fine on Win2K, for me)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Nayus Dante on Saturday, April 16, 2005 - 06:17 pm:

2k was built on top of NT, so I think thats why it seems more win95 compatible. The LoT audio problems i believe have something to do with the directaudio configuration, which is why disabling directx accelleration works. Win95 didnt support any of that natively, while 98 probably did. Since then, they kept it an integral part. NT was designed for office environments, and not gaming. Therefore, not a ton of directx support embedded. LoT was released just around the time games began using stuff like directx more. That period was sort of a transition time between multimedia gaming and harware accellerated gaming. Most of the games I own from those few years run rather poorly on XP without some fixes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By anonymous on Thursday, April 21, 2005 - 02:43 pm:

After searching the Journeyman Project 4 on google, I found this
website. It has a basic background of the game. I don't know if
this is true or not. (http://www.gamediscovery.com/category/
2001/february/adventure/time-war.html)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Tommy on Saturday, April 23, 2005 - 04:21 am:

It's a fan write-up. As far as I know, very little
information on Journeyman Project 4 was
released before the product was shelved.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By MattH on Friday, April 22, 2005 - 09:59 am:

Hi
It's nice to see an archive of Presto on the internet.

I have most of the Journeyman Project Series. 10 years ago, my
father bought a two-pack Buried in Time/JMPT. If I remember
correctly, we had received a demo for Buried in Time in a no-
longer published magazine, "CD-Rom Today."

3 years later, I was in the computer store and I looked on the
shelf for Legacy of Time, but it still said coming soon. As we
were about to leave I saw about ten Legacy of Time games
sitting on the cart. So, we bought the game the day it came out.

I also have Myst 3 Exile for the PC and PS2 and I have Pegasus
Prime for the Mac. The games are truly wonderful and I hope
they will be remembered forever.

Also, I would love to see JP4 come out instead of sitting on a
shelf somewhere.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Tass-AJ on Thursday, April 28, 2005 - 02:19 am:

I had the pleasure of listening to Ryan's re-masterage of the BIT music last week, they're very nice. :D
He's managed to compile the looping BGM of the BIT timezones to tracks more than a minute long each, with misc sound effects dotting though in some, like the AI LAB (Farenstein's Lab). It's a hefty .zip all up, but I could probably upload it for those who want a copy of this well-welcomed set, I think it's a very good job. I've tried to play around with some JMP tracks myself but failed miserably, I'll be looking forward to a possible 'Journeyman Project - Remastered' album.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By bnewsom on Friday, June 3, 2005 - 04:00 pm:

Dear Tommy,
Since you know that I'm the project leader of the mod/game "The Journeyman Project" for HL2, I would like to have some sort of way to contact you directly when I need help with the project. Right now, I'm working on the prehistoric era, and the TSA Control Center. Right now I need whatever model or concept you have for Jman 1 so we can continue with more work. So if you can, please email me your contact info. Thanks.

-Brad

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By ACoop on Sunday, July 17, 2005 - 04:26 am:

Where exactly do the rights for the Journeyman Project lie nowadays?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Tom de Vries on Tuesday, July 19, 2005 - 08:37 am:

Another fan with a few questions....

Ive played the journey man project since i was little, and got the legacy of time a few years ago. i love these games, and i was wondering if they are still planning on making the journey man project 4 (or if they already have, and i just dont know about it).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Tass-AJ on Wednesday, July 20, 2005 - 04:27 pm:

Ahoy Tom. I don't think anyone at Presto is planning to make the JMP4 as a game, but Eric Dallaire of Presto mentioned the possibility of the Journeyman 4 story being told in novel form...

I lost his email address. >_<

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Sockdude on Friday, July 29, 2005 - 05:00 am:

Hey there. I'm another fan. I was just thinking about The Journeyman Project for some reason and thought I would see the Presto Studios website. I was surprised that the "the digital magicians at Presto have moved on to explore new opportunities". Those were some good games. I remember hearing stuff about JP4, but it was only that it might be coming soon.

I have a question. After the company shut down, what did the magicians at Presto move on to do?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Dan Berkes on Sunday, August 14, 2005 - 11:09 pm:

This is such a pleasant surprise. When I purchased a marked-down Packard Bell (aka "Packaged Hell") 486 in 1995, a copy of The Journeyman Project (Turbo!, of course) was included with my new toy. I was hooked instantly, as was my roomate. After we worked our way through that CD we were out the door to buy Buried In Time.

I had never played anything quite like it before. We oohed and aahed at the graphics, and the music files, groaned when the tossed cow killed us off (numerous times), and had great fun mocking the bouncing eyebrows of an emoting Gage Blackwood. :)

A few years passed between games, I had a dotcom career as a producer at CNET's DOWNLOAD.COM (which proves that companies were truly desperate for warm bodies in those days). I got to preview and review a lot of the coolest games of that era, but the high point of that job was the day a package from San Diego arrived with Buried In Time! I was such a huge fan and I had the game before anyone else! That was the moment I decided that I did have the coolest job in the world.

I'm sorry to see that Presto is no longer around. You guys did some awesome stuff, and I wish that I had the funds to bring JP4 into reality.

Tommy, thanks so much for this site, and thanks for everything you and everyone else did at Presto!

PS - You know what was just as cool as your games? The Presto logo from the beginning of JP2. That was one of the most striking company logos I've ever seen.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Dan Berkes on Sunday, August 14, 2005 - 11:21 pm:

Oh! I almost forgot. You know what else was amazing about BiT? Free game hints.

FREE.

Through an 800 number, if I recall. And not only that, none of this endless voicemail jail or pre-recorded information. Oh no, you called and someone answered.

And did I mention free?

Is there any game publishing company that would give away this info without a credit card or 900 number these days? Probably not.

Er, not that I ever called or anything. Oh no. Not me. :)

(On the other hand, perhaps this is one of the reasons Sanctuary Woods went bankrupt? I don't remember Red Orb being so generous.)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Sockdude on Tuesday, August 23, 2005 - 04:01 am:

Heh. I think that's what happened to most of us. I got it with a Packard Bell, too, and by the time I was done playing it I went to Toys'R'Us and bought BiT.

I remember contacting Presto one day a little bit after I got the computer with JMPT. The CD got scratched and damaged, and it couldn't be read. They sent us a copy, JMPT, in a jewel case, for $8. The difference, though, was that the one Presto had sent to us had their number/address in yellow on the left side of the CD. Strange.

I don't know much about Sanctuary Woods. There's no place to find information on them, like Wikipedia, and when I try Archive.org'ing sanctuary.com, it's blocked by the robots.txt. Same thing with Red Orb Entertainment.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By bnewsom on Tuesday, August 23, 2005 - 05:42 am:

hehe, same exact thing happend to me. Wierd.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Sockdude on Thursday, September 1, 2005 - 09:00 am:

Hey, why do the archives redirect to the home? Is this just me?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Tommy on Wednesday, September 7, 2005 - 10:14 pm:

Sorry about that, it looks like my ISP upgraded my server while I
was out of town, so I had to reconfigure it since it was handling
multiple domains.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By derek belt on Monday, September 19, 2005 - 09:41 pm:

Hi, I got the inkling today to go online and purchase copies of the three Journeyman Project games cuz I loved them so much when they first came out. I saw that there is a Trilogy set, but was wondering if it worked on new computers. I just bought a brand new Compaq laptop about two months ago, do you think it will play these games or am I out of luck. Thanks for the help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Sockdude on Tuesday, September 20, 2005 - 01:24 pm:

Well, I play Turbo! and Buried in Time on my XP and it works fine. It doesn't change the resolution/color when you play the game, even though it tells you that's how it plays best. I'm not sure about Legacy of Time, but it'll probably work. I'll try it later.

Hey, where did you buy your copies of the Journeyman games?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Sam Reynolds on Friday, September 30, 2005 - 08:27 pm:

Im looking to start up a novelty software firm, and what better game to publish than the Journey Man Project 4 (I was a big fan of the other ones when I was a kid in the 90s). Anyhow the only setback is my smallish budget of 70k. Now the pressing questions I must ask are:

1)Who owns the rights to these games, and are they for sale?

2)How much work was done on the JMP4, and is it still around?

3)Do any of the former Presto employees have the contacts for the JMP actors?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Sockdude on Saturday, October 1, 2005 - 12:46 pm:

I think I can answer your questions, but don't quote me, I'm not certain.

1) I don't believe anyone owns the rights to the Journeyman Project games anymore.

2) There was some work done on JP4, but they crew was busy working on Myst III, so we'll just have to assume little to none, unless Tommy can tell us.

3) What do you mean by the actors? Like, the actors from JP3?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Sam Reynolds on Sunday, October 2, 2005 - 10:27 am:

1) Everything related to the JMP must still be trademarked.

And by the actors I mean Jerry Rector and
Michele Scarabelli.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Bill on Saturday, October 8, 2005 - 03:33 pm:

Will there ever be a Journeyman 4??? Please!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Fuzzy_Fuzbal on Tuesday, October 11, 2005 - 01:54 pm:

When I play Buried in time, after the tutorial, it
says, "Please insert disk two." so I insert it, but
it does nothing, and the message is still there.
I decided to check what was on the disk, there
is a folder with nothing in it, same for disk
three.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By mark on Sunday, November 13, 2005 - 05:51 am:

Who owns the rights to the Journeyman Project series? I want to convince them to make JP4!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By aj on Wednesday, November 23, 2005 - 09:18 am:

The Journey Project series games were the best I ever played. They were smart, innovative and imaginative. I agree with mark - we need more games like this out there - not just the mindlessly violent titles that many studios are putting out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Bobbie on Wednesday, November 23, 2005 - 01:21 pm:

Yeah, here, here, I totally agree. We need more journeyman
games!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Mark Jakubowski on Friday, November 25, 2005 - 02:00 pm:

Heh, I remember playing the demo oh-so-long ago... I can't remember what made me remember it... but eh... I miss the game... Now, I gotta find a place to buy the old thing... heh, Teenager stereotypes, eat your hearts out :p

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Tom B. on Sunday, November 27, 2005 - 09:50 am:

I've been aware of the Presto archive for some time, but I didn't realize there was an active forum associated with it.

I don't have anything worthwhile to contribute, but I would like to express my fondness of the Journeyman Project series. It seems to be something of a cult favorite, so I'm undecided about whether it's wise to continue the story, especially if the original developers are unable to do it. As painful as it is to know that JP4 was begun and then cancelled, it might be ruined in the hands of anyone else.

If someone does pick up the rights to JMP, I hope subsequent games exhibit the quality and craftsmanship of the current series. Until then, I'm happy to list all these games among my all-time favorites.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Philly on Friday, December 23, 2005 - 06:08 am:

So I need some help. I want to know where I can find journeyman 3 on DVD. I borrowed my friend's 4 cd set some time ago but then gave it back to him. I didn't even get through half the game probably. I don't think he finished it either. I know there was some difficulty to with running the game, it would crap out at this certain point but I don't remember what that was. I was thinking of maybe copying the 4 cd's on to a dvd and see what happens. But I seriously want the DVD and once or twice I saw it on Ebay but I didn't get the last bid.

Also regarding Pegasus Prime, I want that game so much but I don't have the money for a mac. There's no type of emulator, right? I've seen Pippin for sale on Ebay too I believe but not pegasus prime pippin version. Was director's cut not released or turned in to Pegasus Prime? I just never knew because I got the journeyman 2 discs maybe 1997 so on the discs it had the preview and it said 1995.

Thanks for the help

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By trevor on Thursday, December 29, 2005 - 07:43 am:

hi tommy,

this is trevor limbach and i have only journey man project turbo.So,how did the whole journeyman thing start??? like one normal day alians com and take over earth or what????????? i really want the other jm cds but,im not sure if my state is even selling them any more.(i live in nebraska)so could u tell me if u know any places that sell them???? well could u write back.oh,by the way i LLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOoVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEe project tourbo!!!!!!!u did grate.

truly,trevor limbach,10) from neb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Tyler on Tuesday, January 17, 2006 - 06:31 pm:

I also think it'd be great if JMP4 somehow made it off of the
dusty shelves.

I want to thank Presto. A few years ago, I wrote to them
inquiring about a Pegasus Prime I saw. In return, they sent me a
copy of the game, several bumper stickers, and two TSA crew
patches. Really neat stuff. Besides that, I have the trilogy set.

I used to have, I think, JMP Turbo, which included a bunch of BTS
interviews. My dog got ahold of it and broke the disc,
unfortunately. Can these videos be found online anywhere?

Again, it's a shame Presto is gone. But it isn't forgotten, and I
hope they'll be able to somehow get together again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Brad Lee on Wednesday, January 18, 2006 - 02:52 pm:

Tyler, awhile back Tass was nice enough to upload the vid files of "The Journey", which is the behind the scenes thing to which you refer.

http://files.opsat.net/?/tass/the_journey/

Enjoy!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Brad Newsom on Wednesday, February 1, 2006 - 12:43 pm:

Does anyone have a hires TSA logo?

Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Trevor on Monday, February 6, 2006 - 01:28 pm:

hey tommy did you find any places in Nebraska that has any JM games???? please tell me i really want a new one like buried in time or anything just type me back Please

Trevor Limbach

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Tommy on Thursday, February 9, 2006 - 12:12 am:

Hey Trevor. At this point, eBay is your best option for tracking down vintage games and you'll need a Mac that's capable of running Mac OS 8 or 9 or Classic under Mac OS X.

Click here for helpful links to track them down.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By very_confused on Thursday, February 9, 2006 - 06:49 am:

Could someone please tell me where the acoustic guitar song came from that is in the Journeyman Project Turbo? It's been bothering me since this game came out and no one seems to have any f-cking clue as to what it is, who wrote it, etc. SOMEONE MUST KNOW!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By KivaWolf on Thursday, February 9, 2006 - 09:21 pm:

Geno Andrews

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Sockdude on Friday, February 10, 2006 - 04:51 am:

http://www.genoandrews.com/
He writes short films now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By trevor on Wednesday, February 15, 2006 - 02:24 pm:

thanks tommy!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Trevor on Wednesday, February 15, 2006 - 02:34 pm:

so whats the story on journey man is he a space agent??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Trevor on Thursday, February 16, 2006 - 09:54 am:

hey.Tommy you have a new site!!! sweet! whens it opening? Cause it says coming soon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Randy Bolo on Wednesday, March 22, 2006 - 02:53 am:

I accidently ran across this website doing a google search wondering what ever happened to "The Journyman Project" series and Presto/Sanctuary Woods.

I first got a PC back in 1994 which was a Leading Edge DX2 66Mhz Cyrix and came with "Quantum Gate" and "The Journyman Project Turbo".

I miss those good old days..things just aren't the same now. I will always have a special place for "The Journeyman Project Turbo","Buried In Time" and "PEGASUS PRIME".. which looked really good for the time..just wish it had been on PC!. I didn't care very much for "The Legacy of Time" tho.

Seems that most kids these days only want to see fast paced shoot them ups and that is sickening.

About the only thing you can do in this life is live in the "moment" and enjoy the times when they are good. Even if we sometimes move onto bigger and better things..it can't guarantee what we once held dear in our hearts.

I know i would absolutely love to see "The Journeyman Project 4" on PC and Xbox 360...but, we all know them times are gone now.

Thats all i got to say for now. Glad, to see others feel as i did :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Kareem on Thursday, April 6, 2006 - 04:14 pm:

If anyone wants to read more about The Journeyman Project, go to wikipedia.org and search for it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Ryan on Saturday, April 15, 2006 - 09:25 pm:

I saw this site while looking for place to buy Pegasus Prime (which I have bought :) ) and made me go back through my old games, and I remembered I had two copies of Turbo! One that came with the trilogy and one that came with an old computer, and had trailers for BiT, and Pegasus Prime back when it was called JMP Director's Cut. Seeing those made me want to play the games even more! Right now I have the DC trailer on yousendit, but only for a few days if Tommy maybe wants to add it to the Presto archive?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By MattH ( - 68.239.255.184) on Tuesday, August 22, 2006 - 02:06 pm:

I just got the Myst 10th anniversary DVD set. When I play "Myst Masterpiece," it shows the Presto logo. I didn't know this was developed by Presto.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Brad ( - 68.183.21.90) on Tuesday, August 22, 2006 - 07:37 pm:

It showed the Presto Logo because Presto Studios worked on Myst III. Any company that has worked on any of the games in the set must be acknowledge with a preroll of logo or the like within credits.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By MattH ( - 68.239.255.184) on Wednesday, August 23, 2006 - 08:06 am:

Well, why doesn't it show on Riven then?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Brad ( - 68.183.21.90) on Wednesday, August 23, 2006 - 11:38 am:

Presto Studios never worked on Myst 1 or 2 (Riven).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By MattH ( - 68.239.255.184) on Wednesday, August 23, 2006 - 02:36 pm:

I know that. But, why does it show the logo on Myst? And, if that is because they worked on a game in the set, why does only Myst have the logo and not Riven?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Brad ( - 68.183.21.90) on Wednesday, August 23, 2006 - 05:48 pm:

You never put a logo on a game Presto studios never worked on.

To Tommy: Is there any way you can help get the Journeyman Project: Revisioned project out there to the public, and possibly gain some interest, and hopefully draw in some programs to help progress the game/mod?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Brad Newsom ( - 68.183.21.90) on Wednesday, August 23, 2006 - 05:57 pm:

Also Tom, I don't know if you supplied this information to me before, but do you have any sort of communication with you, instead of using this forum? It would be nice to be able to get information quickly instead of waiting probably a decade before you have the time to visit this website.

Anyways, thanks for your time, please email me at bradnewsom@gmail.com, so whatever way I can contact you can stay confidential.

-Brad

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Tommy on Friday, August 25, 2006 - 04:59 am:

The Presto logo appears on Myst Masterpiece because it is using a similar game engine as Myst III, both developed at Presto Studios. Although the original HyperTalk-based engine was quite clever, it was not natively supported in PowerPC. You can read more about Myst Masterpiece here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Tommy on Friday, August 25, 2006 - 05:25 am:

Hi Brad, the main issue at stake right now is that your project is still at the unofficial fan project stage. There's a few examples of cool games that started this way, but if you'd like to get more outside support as a real development project, you'll need to come up with a business plan along with a development team and chain-of-title to a working game engine. I know this sounds chicken-and-egg to up-and-comers, but that's pretty much how the industry works. Let me know if there's anything else I can do for you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Reiko ( - 70.225.161.158) on Thursday, August 31, 2006 - 06:19 pm:

I, too, am very interested in finding the Buried in Time soundtrack if that's still possible. I went to Ryan Pacquet's site listed above to see if that homemade album he mentioned was online, but I didn't see it. Is there anyone else who has it?

Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Brad ( - 68.183.21.42) on Saturday, September 2, 2006 - 11:48 am:

I'll try to contact him for you to see if he can pass it by me, then I'll upload it for you guys.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Brad Newsom ( - 68.183.21.109) on Sunday, September 10, 2006 - 03:05 pm:

These spam posts need to be addressed. If you want tommy, I can become a moderator for the forums, and address spam and organization of the webpages. It would be an honor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Tommy on Thursday, September 14, 2006 - 09:09 am:

Please don't mind the disruption over the next few weeks due to
migration to a newer server. Site availability will get spotty and
some script-related functions of the forum might break, but the
data won't be lost.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By rbolo28 on Friday, September 15, 2006 - 01:42 am:

These people are looking for business proposals.

http://www.remedygames.com/contact_info/index.html

Any hope to ever see The Journeyman Project: Pegasus Prime on the XBOX 360?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By bnewsom on Saturday, September 16, 2006 - 02:20 am:

Pegasus Prime would be great for Xbox Live Arcade!

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: