Journeyman Project Artifacts

Tommy's Forum: Presto Studios: Journeyman Project Artifacts
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Tass[AJ] on Friday, September 17, 2004 - 07:21 pm:

After reading though these topics, I decided it was time to click the big button and make a topic of my own. I'm curious as to what Journeyman Project 'things' exist, I remember years ago I was given a small 3cm radius TSA badge, which I am irritated that I no longer have. Aside that, I have the JMP Turbo, Buried in Time and Legacy of Time origonals for PC, nothing else though.

Anyone know a good place to find these things, aside online auction places?

What other things have you got?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By KivaWolf on Thursday, September 23, 2004 - 10:28 pm:

The only things I got besides all the games is the CD soundtrack to LoT. I happen to get it the moment it was released. Though before that I was trying to contact Presto about the BiT soundtrack. The first response was that it was never made and some guy from California ripped the music and turned them in MIDI. Of course my response in my head is, lies because there is no way to do that. So I contacted them later again about it and was told another excuse but I don't remember. Another time, year 2000, I asked about it and was told that all of them were given out to people the moment Westwood Studios went bankrupt. The last three were placed among other JMP items in a time capsule and buried. Unfortunately I forgot what year they were to dig it up. So I ended my hopes in getting the soundtrack until I ended up here. My hopes are not high but still lingering somewhere. Sometimes I wish I could've gotten that $200 leather jacket!! Oy..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By KivaWolf on Friday, September 24, 2004 - 12:24 pm:

Err.. my apologies I meant Sanctuary Woods not Westwood Studios.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Thunderforge on Saturday, September 25, 2004 - 05:20 am:

I have a CD with a demo for JMP2. It has the trailer, an
interactive gallery of over 70 screenshots, and a mini demo
of medieval time period (start by the smithy, walk around,
wade across the moat, use the grappling hook you start
with, and then see the movie of the people throwing stuff
down at you. Great fun!). So far, it looks like I'm the only
person on here that has that :-D

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By KivaWolf on Saturday, September 25, 2004 - 02:07 pm:

I believe BiT demo can be found around the internet. I saw it a few weeks ago but I forget. I am sure it is still there somewhere.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Tommy on Sunday, September 26, 2004 - 01:24 am:

Okay guys, let's not get into accusations of lying here. MIDI is a part of the music composition process in ProTools. The composers of the various themes to The Journeyman Project series may have been occasionally inclined to provide something for hard pressed fans, but they are very busy with new projects and professional courtesy is highly recommended when contacting them.

The soundtrack to the original Journeyman Project was included on the disks of the early pre-Trilogy releases of JP 1.x and Turbo. Broderbund/Red Orb released a limited edition soundtrack of JP3 simultaneously with the game, but JP2 received no such release.

Various demos were built for all of the Journeyman Project games, but I am not inclined to post them all here because of considerable file size and bandwidth. However, if one of you guys are willing to host or mirror these files, perhaps we can work something out ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Thunderforge on Sunday, September 26, 2004 - 05:09 pm:

There's a music soundtrack on JP 1.x and Turbo? I have
Turbo for Mac. I originally took all of the sounds from the
data files and put them in my iTunes library like I do with
most games. Is this what you mean, or is there something
else?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Joey M on Monday, September 27, 2004 - 12:44 pm:

No, you could actually buy a separate CD at one point,
which is really cool. (I did the same thing as you with
importing the music from the game and everything.)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Tommy on Monday, September 27, 2004 - 12:49 pm:

A separate audio CD was never released for the original Journeyman Project - it was included with the game CD.

On the original Journeyman Project (or Turbo) disc, you'll notice track 1 contains the game data, but tracks 2 and onward are playable by most audio CD software or recent-model CD players.

The recent re-release of the Journeyman Project Turbo that was included in the trilogy box set did not contain the soundtrack to make room for instructional PDF files.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Joey M on Monday, September 27, 2004 - 12:53 pm:

Does that work on both the Mac and Windows CD-
Roms? I know it works on the Mac version, but I tried it
once on my PC version and I don't think it worked.
Should I try a different CD player?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Tass[AJ] on Monday, September 27, 2004 - 03:50 pm:

I think Kiva said it was only for the Mac CD, else I would have learned about it long ago. I ran all of my (PC) Jman games though a few CD players anyway, to be sure.

PS - You renamed my topic, Tommy? I thought it was fine with a lowercase a.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Thunderforge on Friday, October 1, 2004 - 11:06 am:

I decided to get back my copy of The Journeyman Project
Turbo! which I leant to a friend. I was a bit disappointed
that when I stuck it in my CD player, nothing happened. It
only acknowledged a single track of 77 minutes (the game
data). I put the CD in my computer, wondering if there was
an explanation to this.

I'm not quite sure what should be included on a standard
issue version of The Journeyman Project Turbo!. I found
that mine included a demo for BiT, a promotional demo for
JMP, some promo pictures, and several movies about the
making of JMP. Do I have some special version of JMP
Turbo! or is there something I'm missing?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Tass[AJ] on Friday, October 1, 2004 - 08:47 pm:

Sounds exactly like my one. Black CD with Gage on the front? Is the CD name WATCOMCPP10? If so, it's the same as mine, which is for PC and therefore doesn't have the music tracks, as far as I can see. I don't know about Promo Pictures, unless you mean the Res of the demos, but the 'making of' is The Journey, right?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Thunderforge on Saturday, October 2, 2004 - 02:32 pm:

My CD has the same design as yours. And yes, the making
of the game is called "The Journey". The name of the CD is
simply "The Journeyman Project" and I forgot to mention
that it was a Macintosh CD (I know it because I played
through twice on the Mac). The Promo pictures are various
images used as promotional items. I looked over the CD
again and found it also had a folder of saved game files at
various points in the game.

I would think that my copy is from the Journeyman Project
Trilogy since it doesn't have music and has all this extra
stuff. However, the Trilogy copy was for Windows. Also.
Tommy noted earlier that the trilogy copy had instructional
PDFs on it instead of music. Mine has a text copy of the
manual with no images on it, but it is not in PDF format. So
it's not a regular copy of JMP Turbo! and it's not a Trilogy
copy. So do I have a unique copy or what?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Tass[AJ] on Saturday, October 2, 2004 - 05:39 pm:

That sounds somewhat origonal to me. Mine doesn't have the Promo art, nor PDFs. It DOES have a Save folder, though.
'Tis for PC, too. Video for Windows and the like.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Tass[AJ] on Sunday, October 3, 2004 - 08:29 pm:

Oh wait, that makes sense. They probably had to take out the manual and images to pack on the Video for Windows details, though the CD is still only 400MB or so. Maybe the CDs were of quite small capacity back in the day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Joey M on Monday, October 4, 2004 - 12:46 pm:

My JMP CD-Rom has 3 previews for BIT and one for
Pegasus Prime (Journeyman Project: Director's Cut)! I
don't have "The Journey" on it, though. Plus, mine
comes with a text copy of the maual, too. I did get the
catalog, though. It's black, with Gage on it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By KivaWolf on Monday, October 4, 2004 - 03:10 pm:

It is true that the JMP I have is for the Mac but the audio tracks can be played on ANY computer or stereo. If you have a JMP Turbo, it does not contain audio tracks. Here is a link to the picture and a chance to own the CD!!! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=11050&item=8135212203&rd=1

By the way Tommy, I apologies for the "lying" comment I made. Actually I was young at the time when I mentioned that and of course now I know better. It wasn't that I thought that the person was lying, it just because I didn't believe it mainly because I thought there was no way at the time and this was 1996 or 1997.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Thunderforge on Monday, October 4, 2004 - 05:49 pm:

Pity that JMP Turbo! has no audio. Can anybody type up a
list of the songs that were included?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Tass[AJ] on Tuesday, October 5, 2004 - 12:59 am:

Second'D!

I recently got a JMP from eBay AU. It's on PC, I just want another copy for when mine eventually breaks. I also would like a box of the game, mine was disposed of many years ago.

Furthermore, if anyone has these tracks, how possible would it be to upload the .cda or .mp3 rips for download? I could upload them, if sent them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Thunderforge on Tuesday, October 5, 2004 - 11:10 am:

I don't know if Tommy would like ripping the sounds, since
they are property of Presto Studios. You'll notice that all of
the songs are included in various places inside the Support
Files folder on your JMP CD. You have all the songs (unless
the CD versions were slightly changed). So all you have to
do is get a list of the songs and get them yourself.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Tass[AJ] on Tuesday, October 5, 2004 - 01:00 pm:

So, the actual CD tracks themselves are not of better quality than the .WAV files dotted around the CD?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Thunderforge on Thursday, October 7, 2004 - 10:18 am:

WAV files are uncompressed audio files just like audio CD
files. There *shouldn't* be any difference between the two,
however it's possible that lower quality versions were used
in the game to make way for everything.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Tommy on Thursday, October 7, 2004 - 11:52 am:

Ripping data from the original game CD is fine as long as you legally purchased and own it. Uploading and/or stealing it via Kazaa is not.

The CD game data is encoded in 22KHz WAV files - it's not quite the 44KHz fidelity of the separate audio tracks in early pressings of The Journeyman Project, but it sounds okay for everyday playback. Unfortunately, as some of you have already found out, latter Turbo versions dropped the tracks to make room for instruction PDFs or product demos.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Thunderforge on Thursday, October 7, 2004 - 12:50 pm:

Which brings me once again to my original request. Would
anybody who has a game-audio CD please type up a list of
the tracks that were included so that I can take the audio
files from my game and create a CD myself?

By the way, you don't need to rip the sounds. Just look in
the "Support Files" folder and some subfolders on your JMP
CD. The music is already there (at least on the Mac version)
but it's just in a different format. Just put it in a program
like iTunes and click the "Burn" button.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Tass[AJ] on Thursday, October 7, 2004 - 07:39 pm:

I must get the Mac version, then. I'm missing out on heaps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Tass[AJ] on Thursday, October 7, 2004 - 11:46 pm:

So, that's a big 'Unfortunatly' and 'not fine' in my direction I trust, Tommy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By ballsandy on Saturday, October 9, 2004 - 03:36 pm:

Does anyone know where i can get a nice looking picture of the journeyman project symbol?
I want to print it out onto a normal piece of printer paper and add a new picture to my bedroom wall.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Tass[AJ] on Saturday, October 9, 2004 - 11:10 pm:

I have one I made in Flash a while ago, if you're interested.
I'll make another version if you want or send you the .fla, but I felt it was good enough at the time, just gimmie a tic, I'll upload it.
http://www.2020it.com.au/folder/

You can strech the .swf to whatever size you want.
Else I'll just sit down and keep it to myself.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By ballsandy on Sunday, October 10, 2004 - 11:11 am:

Thanks.
It is just what i was looking for.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Joey on Monday, October 11, 2004 - 09:41 am:

How could I save the .swf file to my hard drive? I thought about using PrintScrn, but that would degrade the quality.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Tass[AJ] on Monday, October 11, 2004 - 11:46 pm:

If you go to the folder, you should be able to right-click the file and save it to your hard drive. I don't remember if you're using a Mac or not, but if you are use telekenisis or whatever it is Mac users do. I just uploaded a revised version, without a gap between the top circle and the bottom two. If you know what size in Pixels that you want it, download both the .swf and the .html, and edit the .html to strech it to the width/height you want.

Woohoo, I did something helpful ^_^

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By ballsandy on Tuesday, October 12, 2004 - 07:40 pm:

So how do you save it to disk on windows 98?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Tass[AJ] on Wednesday, October 13, 2004 - 12:05 am:

*cough*
I'm assuming you're using Internet Explorer.
Click the link above in ny post where I referenced the folder where Journeyman 2.swf and Journeyman 2.html are stored.
Locate the words 'Journeyman 2.swf' and depress your right mouse button, causing a context menu to appear. Release it, scroll down the menu and select Save Target As... The following dialog box will giive you a choice of where to save the item, which you can save anywhere; I'm not worried where. Click 'Save', and it will be saved to that location. Easy as pi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By ballsandy on Wednesday, October 13, 2004 - 09:43 am:

oh, ok.
That worked

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By KivaWolf on Monday, October 18, 2004 - 08:29 pm:

Nice logo!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Tommy on Wednesday, October 27, 2004 - 08:07 am:

Surprise, surprise - an actual Journeyman Project 3 soundtrack CD has turned up on ebay auction #4047014623. Even composer Jamey Scott and I hardly ever see these turn up. (we have our copies, so we won't be participating in these auctions)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Thunderforge on Thursday, October 28, 2004 - 10:21 am:

A couple days ago, there was also an auction for a BiT hat
and some JMP coffee cups. Sorry I didn't point that out to
you sooner, but it was pretty cool.

Tommy, I know this may sound like a stupid question, but
is it possible to reproduce some of the rare CDs like
Pegasus Prime and the soundtrack CDs? I'm not asking for a
commercial reproduction, just having you burn a couple
CDs would be alright. I think that many of us would be
willing to pay for the option to do that. Do legal reasons
prevent this or is it possible?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Tass[AJ] on Tuesday, November 2, 2004 - 01:41 am:

Damn! I would love a TSA coffee mug. One exactly like the one in the Blackwood residence would be awesome.
I searched Bandai's website in hope that they actually sold Journeyman Project figurines, but alas, none. I would have loved an Ares and Posideon to go with my UT2K4 figurines.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Joey Miesner on Tuesday, November 2, 2004 - 12:41 pm:

You got Unreal Torunament figurines? WHERE?!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Tass[AJ] on Tuesday, November 2, 2004 - 01:11 pm:

Radioactive Clown
I got a Damarus and a Domina.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By ballsandy on Wednesday, November 3, 2004 - 01:34 pm:

I was roming through a second hand store today when i found what looked like the key card you use to run the tunnel pod in pegasus prime.
Someone got a hotel room key card, cut it to the correct shape, printed on the card and put on wht appears to be metal connections on it where the contacts are.
It looks pretty cool and now i have something that can fill my new wallet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Tass[AJ] on Wednesday, November 3, 2004 - 02:22 pm:

o_O!
Oh, scan it or get a photo of it! That sounds sweet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By KivaWolf on Thursday, November 4, 2004 - 09:57 pm:

Someone probably had a lot of time on his or her hands! Lets see a pic! About the JMP figures. They don't exist, at least to my knowledge. My guess is that if the game became so popular (Ex: DooM, Duke Nukem) Bandi would've released them but I guess not.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Thunderforge on Friday, November 5, 2004 - 10:44 am:

They did in Buried in Time! The box of a Poseidon action
figure on the table shows Bandai's logo on it. And of
course, there's the action figures on Gage's shelf. Man, I
wish they were real.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By KivaWolf on Friday, November 5, 2004 - 02:42 pm:

Like I said before, it was just an idea and made inside the game as if Bandi, within the game, had made them for the people of Caldoria. The toys are as real as the film of JMP holoflic that is mentioned in the Interactive News Network. Here is a little tip for you people, Mark, the news host, can also be seen dancing in the crowd in the movie Star Trek: First Contact in the holodeck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By ballsandy on Monday, November 29, 2004 - 08:05 pm:

Anyone know where i can get screenshots of pegasus prime that will work as a backround?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Tommy on Saturday, December 4, 2004 - 06:09 am:

Here's another interesting file that turned up: the trailer for the Japanese version of Pegasus Prime that I had cut together quite a while ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By ballsandy on Saturday, December 4, 2004 - 07:37 pm:

I like the trailer.
Where do you store all of this stuff tommy?
a tape drive?
DVD-rw's/r's?
cd-rw/r's?
an old magneto optical disk drive?
or is everything archived on your hard disk?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By owen on Sunday, December 5, 2004 - 01:13 pm:

The Japanese trailer for Pegasus Prime was great..
"Taimu Mashin"
I used to have a "Demo Games" disc for mac that contained a
very old demo of the original Journeyman. All the graphics were
earlier versions (worse textures, etc). There were some odd
things like a forest location that demonstrated the interface, and
a shot of an Ares-like robot morphing out of the wall in the Mars
Maze. I can't find this demo anywhere online, I was wondering
do you have a copy of the demo or know anything about the
locations/events depicted in it.
Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Joey M. on Tuesday, December 7, 2004 - 09:28 am:

HEY! LOOK! Someone has a ton of Journeyman merchandise, like a hat, a t-shirt, a mug, and some other stuff on eBay!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=153&item=2290799483&rd=1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By KivaWolf on Tuesday, December 7, 2004 - 04:27 pm:

Good &$%#@!!!! Someone is going to get lucky if someone buys this!!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Brad Lee on Thursday, December 9, 2004 - 02:18 pm:

Woohoo! I talked to the winner of the merchandise, and I'm gonna get a mug and t-shirt. W00t!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Joey M. on Sunday, December 12, 2004 - 05:02 pm:

Well, I got really mad because I can never manage to get any JMP merchandise and finally went out and got a dude to make me a custom-made hat with a TSA symbol, which set me back thirty bucks. For a hat. Oh well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By ballsandy on Tuesday, December 14, 2004 - 05:31 pm:

heads up!!!
another copy of pegasus prime is on ebay.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By neon on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 - 05:53 am:

sweet i need to get that?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By neon on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 - 05:57 am:

ha do u guys think u can help me get the other Journeyman project games?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Jayworld on Wednesday, December 29, 2004 - 07:07 am:

I probably was the one that won the Pegasus Prime game from Dec. 14 in the previous post. I had the game (sealed, unopened) about three years ago, but it kept locking up, etc., on my G4 iMac in Classic mode. I sold it, and then just replaced it with this new copy, which so far works perfectly. As far as memorabilia, I have (for Mac)Pegasus Prime, Buried in Time, and Legacy of Time, plus a TSA symbol magnet, several bumper stickers from Buried in Time with the cow that says: BiT Happens, and before Sue left Presto Studios, she was kind enough to get the remaining developers to sign a couple of 8x10s from my collection for Buried in Time and Legacy of Time. I'll have to check again and see who signed....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By KivaWolf on Wednesday, December 29, 2004 - 10:25 pm:

I think you are going to make everyone jealous here.. LOL!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Joey M. on Friday, December 31, 2004 - 09:39 am:

Okay, I kept hearing that everyone got Pegasus Prime from eBay, and so I finally went on there and bought one (US $32) and it's awesome! Apparently, this person has a million of them, because the same auction has been going on for a few months (stocks4me), and it's the same one. Does anyone know how someone would acquire so many? Like, did they work for Presto or something?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Matt Cox on Friday, December 31, 2004 - 10:02 am:

They might have gotten a whole platter of them (set of them together sent to stores for resale).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Tommy on Friday, December 31, 2004 - 02:20 pm:

A clearance retailer probably came across some old inventory that was dumped when Bandai shut down its BDEC (Bandai Digital Entertainment Company) CD-ROM publishing group years ago. Stuff like this tends to auction for peanuts, but I guess the fan following is keeping prices up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By ballsandy on Monday, January 10, 2005 - 09:49 pm:

Here is a question.
I am windering if that book you can get on buried in time at amazon.ca contains conceptual art from the game.
Is it worth buying the book?
And also, there is another book for the journeyman project directors cut(which is pegasus prime).
Is it too worth it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Joey M. on Tuesday, January 11, 2005 - 05:22 pm:

Yes, the BiT book is SO worth it. It is totally awesome. As for the JDC book, I have no idea.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Tommy on Thursday, January 13, 2005 - 06:14 pm:

There is no book for Pegasus Prime, but the strategy guide for Journeyman Project 3: Legacy of Time contains hints for both J2 and J3. It's a pretty good deal and also contains production info behind the making of J3.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By KivaWolf on Saturday, January 22, 2005 - 05:49 pm:

Great.. one more trip to 7 Eleven and I'll have the whole set.. :-P

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Monday, January 24, 2005 - 01:32 pm:

Huh?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Crowley on Tuesday, February 1, 2005 - 02:08 pm:

I posted this question on the Presto general board, but that went unnoticed and this seems like a more appropriate place. Does anybody have any idea what has come of the various props that were used in filming the FMV in Journeyman Projects?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Tass[AJ] on Tuesday, February 1, 2005 - 07:27 pm:

Not I... I'd love to get my hands one of the TSA uniforms from Legacy of Time, but they're no doubt behind glass in an obscure museum in America somewhere.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By ballsandy on Friday, February 4, 2005 - 10:06 pm:

if you could get the correct sketches, dimensions...and the cash.
You could have one built for you.
Though, it would be a waste of money if you ask me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By the reaver on Tuesday, March 1, 2005 - 05:49 pm:

Yo i owned the very first Journeyman Project from when the hey were selling it out of their garages. But I lost Man that sucks. Any way could you tell me if it is possible to get another copy free for like 20 bucks or lower. Please send me an e-mail!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Joey M on Wednesday, March 2, 2005 - 11:28 am:

I see Journeyman Project all the time on eBay
for only like $0.99. Look there, that's where I
got Pegasus Prime.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By KivaWolf on Thursday, March 10, 2005 - 10:25 pm:

To Crowley, according to Tommy as he replied this already in another post, the only reason he does not answer the question is because it has already been answered before.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By myworld on Monday, April 11, 2005 - 11:49 am:

Has anyone watched this show called 7th heaven? I've only slightly seen it but it's so interesting that the grandfather is the doctor from JMP. What's he doing on 7th heaven, he's from the future, LOL.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Crowley on Sunday, June 26, 2005 - 05:56 am:

Okay, I looked through other threads and found Tommy's response. However, the only thing he mentioned was the jumpsuit used in JMP2 and 3. I would very much like to know also about other items, most importantly the Chameleon jumpsuit and the various TSA uniforms.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Tass-AJ on Monday, July 25, 2005 - 05:32 am:

I know I'd like to get Sinclair's turtleneck, with the logo on the neck. That's damn awesome. Probably doesn't exist, though. Probably just an image edited on.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By shdwsclan on Sunday, August 28, 2005 - 08:39 pm:

You have to make his turtleneck logo, take a screenshot or pull a frame from a vidfile that contains it, make sure to find a frame with two characteristics: (1) Make sure to find a frame where his logo is almost parallel to the camera lens (2) and in those frames, pick the one where the logo seems the biggest. Save the frame, and import it into Adobe Illustrator and draw the appropriate paths and join them and color them them to make the appropriate vectors. Once done, delete the frame image below the vector. Voila, now you have a vector that can be resized infinitly without loosing any quality. Save it as an AI and if you want to have someone machine it into a pin, export as an EPS or a DWG depending on what the producer takes. If you want, I can make the eps graphic if you email me the screenshot or a place where I can get it (I have all 3 Journeyman titles).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Tass-AJ on Monday, September 12, 2005 - 06:59 pm:

Thanks for the offer, shdwsclan, but I think it'd be easier to re-draw the logo from a low-res animation from JMP1. Though photos of Sinclair in the JMP3 in the INN (Interactive News Network) show him in his logo'd turtleneck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By blitter on Sunday, September 18, 2005 - 03:06 pm:

http://cgi.ebay.com/The-Journeyman-Project-2-3-SPECIAL-COPY_W0QQitemZ5242769245QQcategoryZ80329QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Found a somewhat juicy JMP auction on eBay. Some lucky guy or gal is going to get these special copies of JMP

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Sockdude on Monday, September 19, 2005 - 04:07 pm:

Yeah, I always look at eBay for Journeyman stuff, and saw that. I would love to get some nice Presto merchandise. I would settle for JUST the merchandise. Or JUST the boxed copies of BiT and LoT. :P

But if he was the Lead Animator/3D Artist, then he's gotta have more copies. But damn, he said he'd autograph them. I wish I could get it. :/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By StargateX1 on Tuesday, September 20, 2005 - 06:03 pm:

The BIT Audio Soundtrack is in the catalog on the Turbo CD, so it apparently was real. Not sure why Presto would lie to people.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Sockdude on Wednesday, September 21, 2005 - 04:30 pm:

There's an auction that occasionally shows up on eBay for a copy of Buried in Time. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe it has all the offers/catalogs, etc. for a complete package, although it's not wrapped. It started at $25, but I've noticed every time it times out without any bidders, it will turn up again with a lower price. So maybe if we keep waiting it will get to a reasonably low price to buy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By StargateX1 on Sunday, October 2, 2005 - 08:28 am:

You can buy a complete factory sealed package of Buried in Time on Amazon. for $35.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Sockdude on Monday, October 3, 2005 - 02:37 am:

Yeah, I saw that too. Seems a little expensive when you look at eBay and see how cheap they go.

Also, what's up with these crazy online bookstores and software stores I've never heard of when I search for TJP on Froogle? Like Starvector Software and DirectDepot2U. Do they come new? That would be awesome.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By StargateX1 on Thursday, October 6, 2005 - 06:59 am:

I think they're just stores people made up on the internet..

I see there's a burned copy of the JP3 soundtrack. I would get it if it wasn't burned..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By mystery_editor on Monday, October 10, 2005 - 12:40 am:

A while ago, someone posted a swf of the Journeyman logo. Unfortunatly, the site has been lost to another domain... Does anyone have this logo?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Tass-AJ on Wednesday, October 12, 2005 - 03:01 pm:

Yeah, I do.
Sorry about that. The server's hosting went down, the server's hard drive is now in my Xbox. o_O
I'll upload now.

http://tass.opsat.net/folder/Journeyman2.swf
Enjoy!
I also put up the .fla source file if anyone wants to edit the shape in Flash without having to decompile it or whatever.
http://tass.opsat.net/folder/Journeyman2.fla

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Trevor on Thursday, October 13, 2005 - 09:52 am:

I am looking for JMP Merchandise, like the coffee mug, hat, jacket patches, and t-shirts. I still have the little catalog that came with JMP2 BIT. Anyone know where to look?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By mystery_editor on Thursday, October 13, 2005 - 09:52 pm:

Try places like Ebay and Amazon. They always seem to have something Journeyman related.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By gagebwood on Tuesday, December 27, 2005 - 03:28 pm:

i just purchased jmp peg prime its such awesome

tommy do u think presto studios will get back together?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By tim on Tuesday, January 24, 2006 - 06:23 pm:

when is the next journeyman going to come out for mac?!?! :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By gagebwood on Friday, January 27, 2006 - 11:53 am:

tim, presto studios folded about 4-5 years ago, thus meaning that no games will be released by the studio again. unless they reunite. hey toomy i was wondering, do you have any copys of the journeyman project3: legacy of time, and if so would you be willing to sell one of them? thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Kareem on Thursday, April 6, 2006 - 04:10 pm:

Lots of journeyman stuff is being written about in articles on wikipedia.org.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Erik Tinberg ( - 24.145.184.96) on Sunday, September 10, 2006 - 09:31 pm:

Back in 1995, when I was a wee-lad and we upgraded to Windows 98... Buried in Time started to have issues (as we had the 'Windows 95' copy of Disc 1) and I wrote an email to Presto Studios asking what I should do about it.

They told me to send them the CD's in the post. Which I did, along with a really long letter detailing how much I loved The Journeyman Project series and how I was going to save money from my minimum-wage job to buy Legacy of Time when it came out.

When the CD's came back, the kind and awesome folk at Presto sent back entirely new CD's and all signed with gold/yellow paint.

To this day I still think that's one of the coolest gestures any development team has ever done for a fan, and to this day I'm still trying to locate someone from Presto to thank them (and possibly send my DVD copy of Legacy of Time to so it can get signed as well :D)

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: