Other Presto Titles (Myst 3, Whacked, etc.)

Tommy's Forum: Presto Studios: Other Presto Titles (Myst 3, Whacked, etc.)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Joey Miesner on Wednesday, September 22, 2004 - 01:33 pm:

Hey! I bought Myst III, and it rocks! I actually got the
whole seires except for the fourth one. Good job, guys!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Thunderforge on Sunday, September 26, 2004 - 05:31 pm:

Many hardcore Myst fans believe that the one before it,
Riven was far better than Exile. Riven did have it's
strengths, but I personally always liked Exile better. It
seemed so much more realistic, so much more like you
were really there. And it was so beautiful (I absolutely loved
Amateria's sunset). And Brad Douriff's acting as Saavaedro
was amazing!!! He seemed like a real man who was really
suffering. (Except for the time on Narayan where he first
sees you and exclaims "You're not Atrus!" I couldn't help
but shout out "Duh!" to the computer.)

Oh, and I personally think that there are some diehard Myst
fans who liked Riven better because of the JMP 3 demo on it
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Tommy on Friday, October 8, 2004 - 09:20 am:

A recent review on CNN has indicated that the DVD version of Myst 3 is being bundled with Myst 4: Revelation.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Joey M on Friday, October 8, 2004 - 12:46 pm:

Hey, cool! I thought Myst 4 was that one multiplayer
online game, though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Brad Newsom on Friday, October 8, 2004 - 01:27 pm:

Thats not myst 4. That was URU

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Thunderforge on Saturday, October 9, 2004 - 09:20 am:

Yes, Uru: Ages Beyond Myst is not Myst 4.

Myst 4: Revelation is the fourth game.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Jayworld on Wednesday, December 29, 2004 - 06:57 am:

I recently purchased through eBay Myst 3 for my Playstation 2, and my reason for buying it was not because I'm really into "Myst," as I have not played any other versions in the series, but instead because it was one of the last releases from Presto Studios. I admit, I'm biased concerning Presto, but the game is wonderful on the Playstation 2. Although video jockeys and shoot-em up players may grow bored quickly, I like the problem solving and exploration, which reminds me somewhat of the terribly missed Journeyman saga games...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Brad Lee on Thursday, December 30, 2004 - 08:23 am:

I got the Myst 10th Anniversary Collection for PC on DVD ROM for my birthday. Has Myst Masterpiece Edition, Riven, and Myst III. Of course I already had Myst III for Xbox, but still...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Crowley on Thursday, February 10, 2005 - 07:44 pm:

I recently got Myst 3 as well and liked it very much, though in general I'm not into Myst. Main incentives for buying: Presto & Brad Dourif. I noticed one plot point to nitpick, though: Saavedro says in the final age that he hasn't been able to figure out the code to remove the dome, but the symbols he left in the three trial ages are part of the solution (he said he'd changed the symbols which unlock the final book).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Brad Lee on Sunday, February 27, 2005 - 07:23 pm:

No, actually he's talking about the second set of symbols. He knows the first set, that group of three, but he doesn't know the ones for the other console, because only Atrus knew those.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Keepin on Thursday, August 4, 2005 - 06:10 am:

Is there anyone out there that can tell me if it's at all possible for a human in the year 2005 to obtain a copy of Gundam 0079. I know it was a Japanese only release, but I have been dying for years to see this rare game by Presto Studios. I remember viewing the trailer off the BIT CD when I was younger (back, geez in like 97 right?), and only finding out it was never coming to the US years later. I remember thinking, when is that thing gonna come out dammit! Anyway, stumbled upon these forums, good to see a JMP community still alive, and thought Id give out a shout.

Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By KivaWolf on Wednesday, October 19, 2005 - 11:06 pm:

I am going to ask this question directly to Tommy. Tommy, what do you think of the newly released Myst V End of Ages? This is the final chapter and was created by the same team from the first Myst. Please tell us your thoughts!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Nayus Dante on Saturday, November 5, 2005 - 03:24 pm:

I second the confusion around Gundam 0079. I really wanted to play that...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By KivaWolf on Sunday, November 13, 2005 - 03:16 pm:

I seriously doubt anyone can get their hands on Gundam 0079. Like Journeyman Project Director's Cut for the Playstation, I only a handful most likely have made it into the US. The only way to know is by going to Ebay and wait.... and wait... and wait...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By trevor l on Thursday, December 29, 2005 - 09:11 am:

what about me

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By iocomposer on Monday, April 24, 2006 - 08:16 am:

I have a copy of Gundam 0079 sitting right here on my shelf. It's
for the Mac, but I seriously doubt that it would work on a modern
machine with OSX. Maybe it would open up in Classic mode, but
who knows if it was compatible with OS9. I believe it was released
during the OS8 era of Macintosh. At any rate, it's unopened and I
have it as a collectors item only. Don't really want to open it up and
discover that it won't work on my machine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Dolnor Numbwit on Wednesday, June 21, 2006 - 02:19 pm:

Uru Online has been resurrected as Uru Live. Uru: Ages beyond Myst was the last game of the Myst line. Now Cyan is reviving the online version with the help of Turner and GameTap.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: